Early Childhood Classroom Teacher
Website The Music Settlement
Unlocking potential in everyone through music, movement and art.
The Music Settlement has flexible openings for Early Childhood Classroom Teachers and Substitutes. Established in 1955, The Music Settlement has earned a reputation for excellence in all aspects of early childhood education and is recognized as one of the outstanding preschool programs in Northeast Ohio. The program has a strong emphasis on the arts, literacy and science.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Plan, implement and supervise a classroom program for children ages 3 – 5 years in accordance with the philosophies and policies of the school, Step Up to Quality, Universal PreKindergarten, and Ohio Licensing regulations.
University Circle and Ohio City locations.
Specific DUTIES include:
- Maintain a classroom environment for children that is developmentally appropriate and encourages and supports their exploration and experimentation;
- Plan for children’s learning using a developmentally appropriate curriculum stemming from children’s as well as teacher’s ideas which meet Ohio State Standards for early childhood curriculum;
- Supervise and monitor the safety, activity and behavior of children through observation and interaction;
- Establish a positive school/home relationship through daily interactions with children, staff, and parents;
- Actively engage all students in the learning process;
- Assist in classroom preparation and clean up.
- Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education or related field preferred. Two Years of college coursework required.
- Day Care or Preschool classroom experience.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
REPORTS TO: Early Childhood Director, and on Site Administrator
CLASSIFICATION: Classroom placement and Substitute teaching positions available are part-time with flexible hours. Full Time options may also be available.
Send resume with cover letter to:
Chair, Center for Early Childhood
Our Vision: To unlock the potential in everyone.
The Cleveland Music School Settlement is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com