Supply Chain/Logistics Technology/Warehouse Operations Instructor
Website BridgePort Group, LLC
Instructor is responsible for teaching classes in the Supply Chain/Logistics/Warehouse field.
• Assess students’ skill level and determine the appropriate instructional method to optimize student learning and skill building
• Provide hands-on instruction and practical training to create an engaging learning environment. • Evaluate students’ progress towards learning technical skills and demonstrated competencies and provides appropriate feedback.
• Prepares, maintains and submits accurate attendance records, reports, class rosters and grades established by institutional policy.
• Provides instruction to adult learners with varying educational levels, abilities, and backgrounds and is able to appropriately adapt and deliver material to multiple experience levels.
• Uses appropriate technology and techniques to enhance student learning outcomes.
• Utilizes a course syllabus for each course taught following established institutional guidelines.
• Work closely with other instructors, Program Manager, and team to enhance the curriculum and learning objectives.
• Makes recommendations for program improvements as appropriate and required.
• Interfaces regularly with project team and other instructors and attends scheduled meetings.
• Works assigned schedule and exhibits regular and reliable attendance.
• Able to teach hands-on forklift training (upon instructor certification).
• Able to become a Manufacturing Skill Standards Council (MSSC) Certified Logistics Associate and Certified Logistics Technician (CLA/CLT) instructor.
• Performs other related duties as required including attending other training and industry based professional development. Required Knowledge and Skills
• Solid computer skills (MS Suite).
• Demonstrate attention to detail.
• Basic math, reading and communication skills.
• Read and interpret work instructions.
• Ability to become MSSC CLA/CLT certified instructor.
• Ability to become OSHA, Forklift, and American Red Cross Certified Instructor
• Strong interpersonal skills and aptitude to work with administrators and students at many different levels.
• Experience with computer-based and classroom instructional delivery systems: A/V projectors, virtual and/or other classroom technology.
• Ability to use word processing, e-mail, internet, and/or general web-based applications.
• Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with students, faculty, adjunct, staff, and industry partners.
• Ability to spot trends in the industry and convert them to learning opportunities for students.
• Ability to bring real-world experiences to the classroom and demonstrate a working knowledge.
• Must be physically able to perform responsibilities and job duties.
• Two-five plus years’ experience in supply chain logistics, warehousing, and distribution.
• One or more years with supervisory experience.
• Some adult teaching experience in a structured environment.
• Associates degree or higher with two to five years of on-the-job experience in Supply Chain/Logistics Technology/Warehouse & Distribution.
• Currently a MSSC CLA/CLT certified instructor.
• Forklift Certification.
• OSHA-10 Certification.
• Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED Certified Trainer.
• Demonstrated ability to evaluate, update, and create curriculum.
*Will train qualified candidate
To apply for this job please visit www.bridgeportgroup.solutions.